Thursday, November 17, 2016

Things I Don't Understand...

Things I don’t understand.


Podcasts. I click on them and all I get is a page of code, how the hell do you listen to them?!? (Or sign up for them? I’ve tried that, too.)

Women. Never mind that I am one, half the time I can’t understand me either.

Men. No, that’s a lie. Men are easily understood. Give them a beer and the remote control and they’re happy, and, if not? Hand them the golf bag and tell them tee-time is in an hour.

GooP+ Collections. I mean, WTH? It’s just a bunch of posts put together in a file. It was that when we used the grey line at the top of the page, too, except it was organised in ways that I could understand. Goop Collections are just folders with bits hanging out. I like mine. Whatever I feel I want to find again, I toss into a single ‘collection’, (just because I don’t trust GOOP+ to not delete my preferred method in favour of their forced method.)

Political Correctness. Who decides it’s PC? I’d rather be honest than lie like a politician. Politeness covers PC, and if others can’t figure that out, they need to readjust their thinking.

Political Parties. And the populace of the nation pays for these events until the next set is sworn in and history repeats. (Should have called it HERstory and it would have been filled with warnings and examples of how NOT to do it again and again and again!) I mean, who thought the idea of calling themselves a political PARTY made them fit to lead a city, county, province; COUNTRY! I do not understand that one at all.

TV Programmers. Why the HELL do they insist on altering the programme schedule every few months. The answer is beyond me. Or, they take a holiday weekend and turn it into a stupid mega-fest of one programme? Oh, golly gee! I finally get a weekend to catch up on all those shows everyone is chatting about and…? WTH? 24-hours of ‘Watching Paint Dry’??? And, then, to add insult to injury, it ISN’T really 24-hours, it’s SIX-hours with the same shows repeating four times, then a new show, ‘Watching Grass Grow’, starts for the rest of the weekend. And they wonder why everyone is switching to NetFlix.

Biorhythms and Biometrics. I don’t suppose I will ever understand them. What I find hilarious, is that a computer programme thinks (or the developer of the programme thinks) they can, with a few swipes of my computer keys, figure out that I like certain products or that I’ll be interested in that particular brand. I think they may have actually given up on trying to pin me down. I’ve yet to see a single ad or promotion that even remotely interested me. In fact, I probably get a ‘commercial’ about once a WEEK, if that! Maybe I DO understand bio-crap…

Programmer Explanations. They just mess with your mind. If they’d say EXACTLY what the fuckin’ app does, or the update is FOR, instead of telling us that ‘certain shit won’t work if you don’t do this’. Well, maybe I don’t want shit???

Android Phones. Screen Overlays in particular. WHAT THE FUCK IS A SCREEN OVERLAY AND HOW THE FUCK DO I TURN THE SHITTY THING OFF!!! There, maybe they’ll see that. Ya, right… Clicking the button to turn OFF items in my phone, (note, MY phone, I PAID for it, I don’t CARE that the ‘effing company THINKS it belongs to THEM. If that’s their attitude, then they can pay the monthly bill).

Foul Language. It is so unbecoming and cheapens the force with which you intone comments. *sigh* Guilty guilty guilty. You’ve only to look up, (or scan back), to see how true this is. I could have used far less offensive words and yet, in my frustration and annoyance, I allowed the gutter talk to erupt. Eat it up princess.

Microsoft. They had a good thing going, then they… ‘effed up. They tried to take over and drag us along and we didn’t buy into it. Then they got arrogant. Then they got pushy. Then they thought they were immune. Now? Now they don’t know what they hell they are any more than I do. That’s sad…

Chrome. Chrome Books. Chrome Business. Chrome – whatever the heck they are rebranding themselves as now. They continually break what ain’t fixed. I totally understand their motives. All they want for Christmas is your two front teeth; DNA samples; family history; eye-scan; fingerprint scan; voice recognition scan; and all the contents on, well, we’ll pretend it’s YOUR, computer, phone, tablet, bio-wear…

GooP+. Or is it Google I despise? Probably a little from column ‘A’, a little from column ‘B’. I KNOW Goop is always trying to reinvent itself. I think it doesn’t follow its own privacy policy, so, in order that it not be able to be sued they change their name and rearrange the building blocks every ten days or so that way a lawyer has to dive into multiple layers of subterfuge before unearthing the fact that GooP is owned by both, the US government and Microsoft at the same time! (Don’t laugh, you’ll sound silly.)

Murphy’s Law. No, wait. I get Murphy’s Law; I just don’t like it, especially now that I’m replacing water tank number four. In this residence. Seventh overall. Or is that eight? Hmmm. Of course, I just bought a new bed. So money is tight. Well, tighter. The dogs all have ear infections and just changed the tyres to winter ones. And the fridge is about to pop off, too. Yep, Murphy’s Law – scowling bitterly.

I do believe this list could go on for decades. Or, rather, I could keep adding to this list for decades and still have new stuff to include. Like, why does GooP want to use MY publicly available photos to advertise THEIR shit? Oh, wait, I understand that one. No royalties to pay. Makes sense, the cheap bastards. The fact that this is set to ‘go ahead’ as default baffles me.

Okay, I’m stopping for now. My brain hurts. (I think its sleepy cause the heat has just come on, warming me to the point where I think it’s set too high. Or just right. Nap time.) Well, that lasted a whole blink. Dang dogs…

o0o

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google apparently needs you to verifiy you are a human and not an android... I guess I am okay with that, after all, no one likes spam... (Except in Hawaii... it gets GREAT reviews there...) Anyway, I appreciate your taking the time to leave me a message, thank you for your consideration. Have a wonderful day... or at least pretend to! luv khrys...