Saturday, March 15, 2014

Externet?

A bluster about my recent thoughts on the NSA and their inability to speak...

As you read your way about the internet (externet?), you may notice the ‘names’ of ‘malware’ reportedly created by-and/or-for NSA. National Security Agency, but as they continually overstep their NATION, I believe Never Secret Again might fit better. (Not in relation to their secrets, but in relation to what they derive from the ‘general’ public; although reportedly, NOT US citizens.)

Malware – virus – whatever it is chosen to be called, ruins everyone’s enjoyment on the internet. I get that it’s a big scary place. I get that there are nefarious things going on that we all want stopped. I get that there is no easy answer. I also get that occasionally government needs to employ covert operations; but being able to ‘listen’ in on EVERY PIECE of INFORMATION in the WORLD? (Trying to determine if Billy from Sarasota or Sara from Billings is a terrorist? Information like this shouldn't come from months of capturing every Billy and every Sara’s interaction on the web. This seems slightly out of balance to me.)

(Do agents REALLY believe these criminals aren’t as smart as them? Well, aside from the fact that simply BEING a criminal lowers your IQ...) I acknowledge they (cyber-criminals) are smarter than half the internet users, maybe three-quarters...

Just as a side thought – or a sort of side thought: Most reports I read, that presume to study our behaviour when we are watched, all come to the same conclusion, namely, we, when made AWARE we are being watched, generally curb our activities and self-sanitise. [Final Psych Science is but one example... Google: "being watched" "behaviour study", for several more collaborations.]

NOW...

The objective of most Law Enforcement Agencies is to deter crime, first; second to expose and circumvent it; thirdly to investigate and monitor. (I could be wrong; these all may mean the same thing; I see subtle differences, maybe you don’t.)

Using the above as my understanding, doesn’t it seem reasonable that NSA (and/or other ‘National Security Agencies’) should work diligently at letting these people KNOW they are spying on them??

According to years and years of research, (Google: "being watched" "behaviour study"), this should ease their (NSA’s) workload a thousand-fold.

This alone would exonerate the innocent public, as they would, naturally behave, and, as in the case of most criminals (who are terribly cocky and confident in their abilities to fool the authorities), cause them (the criminals) to ignore the warning and get caught in the web designed expressly for ...well, unfortunately designed for anyone who steps in... but there’d be a few less ‘false-positives’.

Instead of (NSA) spying on hundreds of INCORRECT persons and some poor slob, who manages to have the same name and birthdate as someone who kinda resembles the guy that girl’s ex-husband’s girlfriend’s son who mentioned 9-11 in a conversation with his cousins from Yemen, that turned out to be about a class-project, won’t be under surveillance and scrutiny uselessly for decades.

It would make authorities jobs easier, right? Tell the crook you’re watching; listening; videoing; and monitoring... but he’s not under suspicion... (if he's under suspicion you need a court order) and curtail bad behaviour. The BAD guys already KNOW you’re listening... Telling them forces them to use a different method? Good, now they're worried.

Besides, if an interested party suddenly changes habits when they know they are under surveillance, maybe they’re not going through with the nefarious plan to host Grandma’s surprise birthday party...

Yup, I’m one of those people who want it all.


I want internet SECURITY, but I also want internet PRIVACY. I worry about NSA... I should worry about Twitter; AdSense; VIPVoice; ValueClick; SpecificMedia; Social%20Media; RidScr; Ridfpf; Rid2; Ridc; SalesLivePerson.net; korrelate.net; fastclick; brand.net... I could go on (and on)... THEY are the TRUE information gobblers...

as always, offered as M.H.O....
~khrys...

Tomorrow the short list...
I hope...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google apparently needs you to verifiy you are a human and not an android... I guess I am okay with that, after all, no one likes spam... (Except in Hawaii... it gets GREAT reviews there...) Anyway, I appreciate your taking the time to leave me a message, thank you for your consideration. Have a wonderful day... or at least pretend to! luv khrys...